Spigot for foley catheter Spigot Catheter
- Universal size is molded to fit all sizes of catheters or tubes.
- Graduated design made it to easily accommodate tubing of various internal diameters.
- Ribbed designed provides strong, secure connections.
- Ergonomic flanged designed assists withdrawal and maximize grip
- Can be supplied sterile in individual peel pouches, or even in bulk packaging.
- Made from non-toxic PP
- EO Sterile, single use only
- 100% latex-free
Type and component
- 100% silicone, medical-grade
- Length of 410mm
- Catheter with X-ray line
- Available with balloon in variety of capacity
- Monitor patient's bladder temperature to assist clinical diagnosis
Figure 1 Structure of Spigot
2.3 Dimension of product
Table 1: Dimensions of Spigot
|Name||Length 1||Length 2||Diameter|
Intended use of product
- Cleanse the drainage funnel of the catheter using a sterile towelette packet
- Take out one sterile single packed spigot
- Open the sterile packaging
- Insert the spigot into the drainage funnel of the catheter
- For single patient use only.
- Not intended for reprocessing.
- Do not re-sterilize.
- Store in a dry, cool and dark place.
|1||Surface finish||The surface shall appear free from extraneous matter|
|2||Dimensions (mm)||Length 1||54.7±0.2mm|
|3||Connection security||When tested in accordance with the method given in annex B of EN1616 ( a tensile force of 0.7kg is applied), the spigot shall not part from the drainage funnel of the catheter.|
|4||Biocompatibility||Free from biological hazard.|
|5||Sterility||Comply with EN556|
|7||Symbols & Labeling||Comply with EN980 & prEN1041EN980 & prEN1041.|